Thursday, June 21, 2012

Your Closet Organizing Tips


Organize your closet with these easy tips!

  • First you need to edit your closet, take out what you have NOT worn in 6 months. Sometimes when I go to filter out my closet, I see a shirt that I loved when I bought it or it was an expensive item and I don't want to let go of it and I hold onto it a bit longer. If you haven't touched it, then you most likely won't wear it. But if you can't let go, then wear it! Make it a point to wear it the next day, that way you can get it out of your system and then set it free! If something is damaged or worn out, toss it. If something doesn't fit anymore, donate it or sell it. I always place my items on E bay. Whatever you sell can go towards any organizing tools you may need (hangers, dividers, bins, etc.). I suggest a local consignment shop or if you have one near you, Plato's closet.


  • Set up a system that works for you. I tend to put things together better when its color coordinated and separated by type, such as tops, dresses, bottoms, etc. Set up zones, such as what you need to hang, what should be folded and where you want to store your shoes. 

  • Create an attractive storage with hooks, bins, shelves or dividers. Bins work great for any type of accessory such as belts, hats, or scarves. Try to keep bins at eye level where you can look in, or if you place them high make sure to clearly label whats inside.


  • Make sure you use the right hangers! Remember, there's a reason why wire hangers are free, they basically ruin your clothes. You want to maintain the shape of your clothes. A great new tool are the velvet hangers because your clothes don't fall or slip off. I prefer wooden hangers just because they give it a rich, classy and unified look. 


  • Folding your clothes can be annoying, so I try to hang to as much as I can. Items such as sweaters though can get ruined and they're not hard to fold. Try sweater boxes or keeping them stowed up high during the summer. 


I hope these tips have been helpful! Happy organizing! -Helda 






No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird